Monday, March 29, 2010

3-28-09 Forty Dollar Bill

This one actually came from a dream I'd had the previous night. It's a bit hazy now, but I remember being in a hotel suite with some people who were drunk and disorderly. One of them had spilled wine on the floor, and I was freaking out about it. It just so happened that my friends Amanda and Patti, who run the fabulous Theatre Off Jackson here in Seattle, were in the corner of the room sitting on high stools at a sort of cocktail table watching the proceedings. Seeing my distress at the spilled wine, Amanda handed me a forty dollar bill to help pay for the damages. Of course, it was totally logical that I'd received such a piece of currency in the dream.

The song itself has very little to do with the actual dream, but I just loved the idea of a night out on the town with a forty dollar bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment